Graph Types

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:24 AM

Hi. In the demo included with the project's source, and also in one of the online demos (the one which still has a valid link), the graph that is displyed has one node in the center and all the other nodes are connected to it. There are no edges other than those connecting each marginal node to the central one.

Is this the only type of graph that this library supports? I would be interested in having a general graph, which allows to define edges between any 2 nodes. Is this possible with Bag of Tricks, or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks!

(PS: Are you from Romania?)

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2009 at 7:42 AM
Hi.
That's right. I mean, you are right that the current project doesn't allow to draw graphs with all edges.Nonetheless, the link that doesnt work anymore (for server hosting reasons) pointed/points to a project that permitted this. And even more... you could draw 3D graphs. I have promissed that i'll put it online one day, but, since, i still didnt find the time to work on it. 
I could try to make it available but only if there are people which are REALLY interested (and not just curious) for this and wish also to contribute to the project evolution. I'm saying this because it takes time and unfortunately i dont really have it.

And yes, I'm from Romania. 
Aug 21, 2009 at 11:42 AM
lvaleriu wrote:
Hi.
That's right. I mean, you are right that the current project doesn't allow to draw graphs with all edges.Nonetheless, the link that doesnt work anymore (for server hosting reasons) pointed/points to a project that permitted this. And even more... you could draw 3D graphs.

So the point is that the latest downloadable version of Bag Of Tricks cannot be used for displaying a full graph, without doing solid additions to the code? Is this right?

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2009 at 12:02 PM
Exactly.